http://time2reflect.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://time2reflect.com/2018/04/when-you-begin-to-care-more/ At Lightning Property Services, we recommend that all of our landlords/Letting agents carry out a mid-term inspection on their rental properties. As assured short hold tenancy agreements are generally six months long, mid-term inspections are typically carried out after three months. For some of our agents/landlords this seems unnecessary after such a relatively short time, but lettings do occasionally go wrong.
cheap Finax uk
Reasons to carry out that mid-term inspection:-
Review the inventory: In our experience, visiting your property half way through the tenancy ensures that it is being looked after properly. It will also provide you with the opportunity to review the condition of items listed on the initial inventory report. The inventory provides detailed information on all fixtures, fittings and décor provided by the landlord at the commencement of the tenancy agreement.
can you buy atarax over the counter Maintenance check : Occasionally, mid-term inspections will reveal maintenance work that needs to be carried out, such as, minor repairs to fixtures and fittings or damp and mold that may need treating. Landlords who care for their property and attend to issues promptly generally enjoy more positive relationships with their tenants who in turn are more likely to take better care of your property.
Frequent problems arising from Mid Term inspection include:-
• Damage to fixtures and fittings, such as door frames, skirting boards and so on. Failure to discover any significant damage until the end of a tenancy agreement means you risk losing one or two months’ rental income as you arrange for repairs to be carried out.
• Gardens filled with rubbish.
• Pets being kept in properties with a ‘no pets’ clause. While this clause is common in some areas, surveys suggest that the number of London based landlords allowing their tenants to keep pets has risen by around 75% in recent years.
• Tenants who cause disturbances or problems with their neighbors.
• Properties that have been sub-let.
• Additional people living at the property without notification.
• Smoking in a non-smoking property.
Please Note: Without a mid-term inspection, landlords may not be aware of any problems until the damage is extensive.
Mid Term Inspection prior to renewal
With the growing number of private rental properties in the UK, the trends is moving towards long-term tenancies. Finding a reliable, long-term tenant is every landlord’s dream but the only way to assess their potential is to carry out a mid-term inspection, especially during those first six months.
A tenant who treats your property with respect and pays your rent on time is worth keeping hold of. Your mid-term inspection will be able to assess whether your tenant falls into this category.